Talent is not enough!

Talent is insignificant. Many talented writers never reach success. With talent a writer must also posess discipline, love, luck, and endurance. Talent cannot sustain a writer, but must be accompanied by a ruling passion, an obsession, a calling - - perhaps to be called by some as dumb persistence. A writer must insist to write, want to write at all times. Such a passion must erupt into a fire in the belly, a madness of the art. A writer must be driven, obsessive and ruthless.

My desire to write, and my bond with my writing, is the strongest relationship I have ever had. My writing is a physical need. I will never make myself write. It is what I always want to do. I never grow tired of it. And as I write and try to get published, it sometimes seems like the world around me conspires to make me quit. But I will have nothing of it, and keep on going until I am published, and published again and published again, or until I die.

Comments

kevin said…
Douglas,
Thanks for visiting my blog, I like yours as well.

Popular Posts