Style of Writing

I had a commenter leave a quick message on my main site's Guestbook, today, indicating that they liked my blog, and my style of writing.

You know, I have never really thought about my style. I just write what comes to mind, and try to keep it organized in a way that it remains interesting for the reader, and organized in a way that it is in keeping with the rules of English. I'm not perfect, but I think I do a fairly good job.

Here's the point. Style is you. Some folks try to write their fiction like Stephen King, or Sidney Sheldon, and they forget that they are not those people. Write like you write, and somewhere along the way your style will improve, and your writing will become more professional. The only way to reach that point, however, is to keep writing.

So, keep writing. Never give up. Persevere.

Blessings.

Comments

Popular Posts