Opportunities

It's amazing how sometimes, when we least expect it, good things happen.

Reminds me of the saying, "The Lord Works in Mysterious Ways."

I got home early from work, but when I got home, though my wife wanted to leave immediately for a Valentine's Day dinner, I needed the time to shower and shave.

And after we parked our truck in the parking lot and approached our favorite Italian Food restaurant in Temecula, California, a woman with a video camera approached me, and asked me my opinion about some issues that have risen regarding the mall in Temecula.

It turned out that she is a writer for one of the local newspapers, and is doing a story about the mall. After she received my full name (I'm figuring I am going to be mentioned in the newspaper), I had a convesation with her about writing, of which I began by saying, "I wish I wrote for the paper."

I have always hoped to try my hand at journalism, but always reasoned that without a bachelor's degree, I would not have a chance. Besides, with the need to work to take care of my family, I haven't had the time. This woman from the paper said she doesn't have a degree. She began as a free lancer, and now has asked me to e-mail her with my questions.

My wife, on verge of gaining her own degree, has the goal of bringing me home so that I have the time to write full-time. That should happen in the next few months.

Is this an opportunity for me to take advantage of?

Yes, if it is in the Lord's will.

Comments

Popular Posts