Radio Show, Friends, and Fellow Writers

Last Saturday marked the premiere of Political Pistachio Radio. Many folks have remarked how much they enjoyed the show. I am not so positive about it. I thought that I sounded like a mumbling shadow in the background as my callers overtook the show. The political theme was lost as the show wound down because it became more like a big, conference call. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't all that upset that we wound up talking about Cajun Cooking, but the show did not go as I expected.

Dave from My Point Radio would say, "No kidding. Rarely does it go as planned. But plan anyway."

I do consider each of the callers my friends, and aside from Dr. Blogstein, only because I have not gotten to know him yet, I consider them dear friends. I had a good crowd listening as well. I may not have the biggest site in the blogosphere, but my readers are very loyal.

A couple of fellow writers sent my e-mails telling me the show went well as well. Hmmm, say that five times fast. I appreciate their comments. Perhaps as people sometimes tend to do, I am being hard on myself primarily because that's what people do.

One of those writers is Gary Moore. Gary wrote a book titled Playing with the Enemy. Let me tell you, this is one of the best books I have ever read. Period. It is going to be made into a motion picture, and from what I understand, he has recieved a paperback offer that will ensure its place among the top books out there. And here's where it gets good. Gary Moore has accepted my offer for him to be a guest on my radio show sometime soon. This is great. I can't wait to share him with my friends, because Gary is truly a wonderful person.

Until then, I'm gonna have to sharpen my radio skills, and make that show good enough so that even I am willing to like the final results.

Comments

Popular Posts