Back to Work

I returned to work, today, after being home for two weeks to recover from a double-hernia surgery. It was a long, painful day.

Climbing up into the cab of my "cab-over" big rig was a much longer climb than I remember it being before the surgery. Driving it wasn't too hard, however. Climbing down upon arrival was difficult.

Then the moment of truth. Operating my digging machine.

The bumpy ride was manageable. I completed my tasks, and then when I got home felt like junk.

All I've got to say is I can't wait until the day I write full-time for a living. Don't get me wrong, I'm not some kind of wimp, or anything. I served in the United States Military, and I've been in construction for ten years. I think I deserve a lighter job after all of that.

God Bless.

Doug

Comments

Popular Posts