Waiting for the end of the race

Writing to be published is like running a race. It's not a sprint down the length of a track for the finish line, but a long distance race that requires stamina, and perseverance. I must pace myself, but keep the pace brisk. And it doesn't matter how much I fouled up in the past laps, as long as the finishing laps use what I've learned to thwart me to the final goal, publication.

And then when I cross the finish line, a new race begins, and new strategies and learning experiences take hold.

Right now, I am concentrating on my breathing, and techniques. The goal is in view, but I'm not sure how far away it is. Nonetheless, I know that I will reach it, and when I do, the race, no matter how tough it seems to be right now, will all be worth it.

Comments

Popular Posts