An evening with Gary W. Moore


Every once in a while in life, we experience encounters with people that touch our lives in ways it is difficult to explain, and impossible to understand in the sense of the big picture.

Gary W. Moore has touched my life, both spiritually as a Christian, and as a writer.

I drove to Pasadena to meet with him at a book signing. This is the second meeting I have had with him. The first was in San Diego a few weeks ago.

His book, Playing with the Enemy, is one of those books that is impossible to forget once you read it. An emotional experience, to be honest. A non-fiction book that reads like a novel.

And after talking to him (and of course I talked a lot), he bought me a soda, and he and his wife sat and chatted with me and my wife for a little more time, even though they were pressed a little for time. Then, in the parking garage, he prayed with me.

This is what being a writer is all about. It is amazing, really. Writers tend to be the most giving people I know. But Gary has given more than his time and energy. He has given me, and all of his readers, his heart.

Thank you, Gary. I enjoyed the time with you, and it has energized me as a writer.

Buy his book, Playing with the Enemy. It is the best you'll ever read.

God Bless.

Comments

Popular Posts