Networking in the Industry



I am a new member of the American Author's Association, The Military Writers Society of America, friends with a number of writers (like Jeff Edwards, Jim Stewart, J.A. Konrath, Dan Bessie, and Gary W. Moore). I am an aquaintance of a couple small publishers, one agent, the writer Howard V. Hendrix, and in contact with a number of people in the entertainment industry from radio talent to magazine journalists to newspaper executives and journalists.

Relationships as a writer are forged by being talkative, friendly, and accessible. This is what it takes to network. Making as many friends as I can in the industry, I have created a network of writers, publishers, marketing strategists, and high ranking personnel in both the Military Writers Society of America and American Authors Association. And now, my site, Political Pistachio, has received national opinion, appearing on page 35 of the May 7, 2007 issue of the National Enquirer. Okay, it's a tabloid, but I've gotta start somewhere.

My network is growing, as is my audience. How's yours doing?

Comments

Steve Harkonnen said…
I've been in jump-start mode with blogging, but recently, my music interests is picking up with my current band and also doing more session and gigging work for other bands. That, plus the move, prevents me from blogging as much as I used to.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Popular Posts