Uppity

Uppity is when one is cheerful and with the program, according to my wife. She has said that I haven't been real uppity on my radio shows or with my writing lately, until the last couple shows. Uppity, she says, can't be achieved until one learns to relax.

Same goes for writing, I think. If you stress yourself, and try to force it, the writing you find yourself trying to do will not cooperate. Relax, close the door, turn off the television, and write.

Write when your mind searches the deepest recesses of our thoughts.

Write when your fingers tap dance in a way that it doesn't even seem like you are the one in control.

Write what lurks deep inside your imagination.

And don't try to make it perfect the first time. Just let it flow. Worry about fixing it later.

Let your creativity flow.

Comments

Popular Posts