Meeting Howard V. Hendrix

Tonight I drove down to San Diego to meet Howard V. Hendrix at the Mysterious Galaxy Bookstore. I purchased, and had autographed, his books Spears of God and Empty Cities of the Full Moon. Honestly, the main reason I went was to pick his brain as a writer.

Howard is an articulate speaker, and pleasant gentleman. He commented that he liked (and agreed with) my saying that I have on my business card (A professional is an amateur who didn't quit) and was interested in checking out my Political Pistachio blog.

In the end, he gave me the same advice as all writers have given me. Remain persistent. Never give up.

He also said, "To be a good writer there are really only two things you need to do. Read a lot, and write a lot."

Thank you, Howard. I am looking forward to reading your books, and I will definitely let you know what I thought, and also let you know when I get published. (gotta get that blurb, you know)

Comments

Popular Posts