Finding the time to write

I have a lot of friends who are also writers, and one thing we all agree on is that there is always time to write.

Yet, when I run through the net, and blogs, and forums, a common question comes up: How do you find time to write with a daily job to get in the way?

Are you kidding me? I work in the construction industry and have a second job to boot. There is no excuse for not finding the time to write.

Okay, perhaps that was a little harsh. Everybody has their own obstacles. Young children, jobs, or even disabilities. But a writer doesn't write because he or she wants to. They have to. Something deep inside makes a writer write.

I have two jobs as I said before, arthritis, and a few other ailments. Sometimes my hands hurt so bad I want to just quit . . . but I don't. Writing is not something I do. Writing is something that I am. If you are a writer but you can't find time for writing, either you are not really a writer, or you don't plan very well.

Have a pen and pad with you at all times, and write. Keep writing. Keep writing and reading until you have nothing left to do but get published. And then write some more.

Never Quit.

You can do it. I know you can.

Comments

Popular Posts